Friday, December 24, 2010

December 24, 2010

How do I begin??
First of all, it is Christmas Eve!! One of the best days of the year!! In all honesty, I have rarely had a decent Christmas, but this year seems to be going great!  This whole week has been pretty awesome, actually.  A very special person hung out with my roommates and I until 5 in the morning.  He is such a hoot and he keeps me laughing!! I can't wait to see him again :)  Not only do I like him, he is just an awesome friend also!  It is so hard to find guys like him anymore.  I got lucky!!
   So, tomorrow is Christmas. I will be spending it with my "Ginger" family.  I know only a few of you know what that means, but just know, it will be my first real Christmas and I'm SO excited!!
   A few days ago, I got down on my knees and asked Heavenly Father a question.  It is a little too personal to disclose here, but I will tell you how I got my answer.  I prayed for Heavenly Father to let me know the answer in time, and to let me know for 100%.  Suddenly, (NO JOKE) the sun peeked out from behind the clouds and this crazy, intense warmth washed over me, and I started bawling.  Is that not enough answer right there??! My testimony was strengthened tenfold for me that moment.  I love the gospel with all of my heart and I KNOW Heavenly Father answers prayers.
   Did you guys hear about how the Provo Tabernacle burnt down!? So sad! Nothing survived the fire.  But one picture did.  I posted it above so you can see it.  I saw it and got all these chills down my spine.  For your info, the name of this picture is "The Second Coming."  Slightly eerie...
    So, like I said earlier, this is my first real Christmas.  At least, one that isn't full of angry grandparents or selfish foster parents.  I should be excited right? I am, but I'm really anxious, too.  I'm not used to getting presents from people who actually care for me.  I am over at my "adopted" grandparent's house and I saw dozens upon dozens of presents under the tree, and quite a few of them were for me! I was almost shocked that I was even getting presents!! And besides that, my roommates gave me presents, too.  Kaitlyn got me a chocolate orange and a Revalon Straightener! And Kaylee got me a necklace and earring set!  I still haven't seen my best friend, Taylor, though.  I miss you chica!! COME BACK TO MEH!

No comments:

Post a Comment