Saturday, July 16, 2011

I just had a life-changing epiphany

I. Just had. The most. Amazing. Epiphany EVER.

Ok. So, as most of you know, I put my lip ring in today, full well knowing that I would get flack for it.  And I was right. I did :)

But do I care?
No.
I wouldn't have put it in if I was scared of the crap people were going to give me.
It's my life, my face. And, I can't believe you have the nerve to tell me it looks trashy. Well, you know what?? I think your stupid, fake-blonde-barbie-from-Provo look is trashy.

So, there.

I know I'm stepping on toes right now. And I don't care. Because I am SO sick and tired of pretending to be this goody two shoes LDS girl who reads her scriptures every night and prays for the children in Africa, and wants to go to church EVERY Sunday. I do read my scriptures, every now and then, and I pray to help me get through another day in this Hell I'm living. But, I also swear sometimes. I wear tank-tops, short shorts, and I listen to 3oh!3. O em gee, send me to Hell. I'm the spawn of Satan.

So, in the LDS church, it says that looks aren't everything. We shouldn't be so obsessed with how we look and try to fit this physical mold that society has placed on us. That's exactly what I'm doing. And how is a lip piercing any different than an ear piercing?? It's not. Society is just saying it is.

This also goes for other mormons who don't live by the book. I know some AMAZING temple worthy men who never went on missions. I know amazing LDS girls who got pregnant in high school. Or who smoke. What you did/do does NOT make you a bad person.

And the most important thing I have learned today, is that I need to be ME. Even if it means people not liking me for who I am. You aren't worth being friends if you can't accept me for me. Having a lip ring does NOT change who I am. It simply (and BARELY) alters my appearance. I'm tired of being unhappy because I have to pretend I'm a God-fearing girl. I'm not saying I don't believe in God, because I do. I still believe in the LDS religion; that hasn't changed. But, I am human. Sometimes, religion is not a one-size-fits-all ordeal. I'm on this earth to be happy. Not to endure life. That's what I have been doing for the past 19 years. I have been enduring life. It's time for me to do something for me. I want to be HAPPY! And, the only way that's going to happen is if I'm just me. Not someone else. You can comment all you want on this. I am so interested to hear how you can argue this, and tell me that I CAN'T be me.

I'm not, in any way, bashing other members of the LDS church, at all. I still believe in the religion. But, I want to make my own decisions. I'm not perfect. And either are any of you. And, that's ok! We are here to make mistakes, not chastise people for theirs. I also want to say thank you to the people who don't really give to craps about what I do. Because they understand that what I do doesn't affect their life. It's appreciated :) You guys rock!

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get that out.

Also, I'm getting a tattoo soon, and getting my eyebrow done too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment